Monday, April 28, 2008

Time to leave Russia?

I went shopping a couple weeks ago at Stockmann's. It's a Finnish grocery store and one of the few places we can buy Campbell's Cream of anything soup (such an important ingredient--only $3.50 a can), Post Blueberry Morning Cereal (Josie's fav--$12 a box), and for a long time this is where we bought our pastuerized-instead-of-sterilized-yuck-milk (it's now a sweet $8 gallon). Anyhow, I have a card there, which is supposed to get me much-needed discounts. The last few times I've given the card the cashier has told me it's expired and I need a new one--expired? Why? It's only good for five years....have I been here LONGER than that?? I just say, "da, da" and go on my way until the next time. This time, she CUT IT IN HALF! What? She told me she knows me and that I am forgetful so she cut it right then and made me walk upstairs to get a new one. So...I guess I'm good to stay until 2013.

3 comments:

pinksuedeshoe said...

That was a great pick me up. I can't stop laughing! :o)

Melissa said...

2013? What if we get a Stockmann here?

I love that she cut it in half. How nice of her!

Steff said...

Wow! They mean business with their shopping cards. Yikes.