Are there ever times you wonder if you are being a good parent or a bad parent? We didn't have much time in Bangkok and weren't sure what to do. The helpful people at the Marriott suggested the Night Market. We all found souvenirs except Nate. All he wanted was a ride in a Tyk-Tyk. I thought, okay, this is the Thai version of a rickshaw. And it was--except for the speed involved. Imagine a golf cart that is attached to a motorcycle that goes 50 miles per hour. The ride was fun, I admit. I think I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't been worried about either Jake or the stroller flying out on a turn. Am I the same careful mother I used to be? The one who refuses to let the kids ride without carseats, doesn't feed them honey until age 2, makes them eat veggies, brush their teeth, practice the piano?
Friday, April 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
GO NATE! That's the best choice for a souvenir. It's all about the memories!
Post a Comment