Monday, March 10, 2008

Hong Kong

Hong Kong is amazing!

I met my friends Colleen and Jean there (Jean lives there, Colleen came from western Africa for this little reunion) and together we walked to Victoria Peak (the highest point in Hong Kong). This is a picture of an India Rubber Tree. It has aerial roots--that's what all those things hanging down are.
This is a view of Hong Kong from Bubba Gump's Shrimp House where we ate lunch one day. It was a bit smoggy the whole time I was there.
We also went to see The Tian Tan Buddha Statue, the largest buddha statue in the world.
Some people go like this....walking across two mountains to see it.
Jean and Colleen and I....
....we went like this. By way of the Ngong Ping Skyrail, across the water twice and over two mountains.

The Ngong Ping Village is close by and the Po Lin Monastery is as well. Here is the inside of one of the Buddhist Temples there.

This is the place where they send gifts to their ancestors--a variety of objects made of paper they believe the ancestors would want.....paper houses, cell phones, yachts, etc. They burn them.

Me and the Big Guy.

And here I am, at our temple in Hong Kong!

Here are a couple of the greatest people on earth, Dix and Sarah Newell. They are dear friends whom we met in Moscow while they were serving a mission here. Now they are serving a mission in Hong Kong.

Jean, Colleen and I at the end of the A.S.I.A. women's conference. We spent 2 1/2 days attending workshops and listening to speakers. It was fantastic!

Thanks, Jean, for the wonderful time!

1 comment:

pinksuedeshoe said...

That sounds like so much fun! I love those women. I miss everyone in our ward there, they made the few months I was there some of the best in my life! Glad you had a good time.