Tuesday, November 18, 2008

First stop...Hong Kong

Last spring when I went to Hong Kong,
I walked around thinking,
"Jeff and the kids would LOVE this place."

I was lucky enough to be able to take them.
And, I was right :). They LOVED it!

We stayed at our friends', the Jensens, house...this is the view from their living room.

A view of the harbor and Hong Kong...smoggy.
A man there was offering to take our picture and photoshop the smog out. That made us giggle.Walking the 3.5K loop around Victoria Peak

We had to spend a little time at this rest stop.

The next day, we braved the subway

(I'll never get over how QUIET subways outside of Moscow are)

by ourselves and went to see the big Buddha. We took this tram across the water and over the mountain.

We climbed these steps.

Even Jake

With a few stops

To see this up close

We went to the monastery and saw this temple

We went to the village of Ngong Ping

and did some silly touristy things

never forgetting that although they drive on the left
we were definitely not in London,

And then, we did something REALLY interesting...

We took a bus, down into a fishing village, got on a boat (sort of a boat) and...

took a tour of the village

by boat.

This man (in the yellow shirt) is living Jeff's dream...

he can fish from his house.

(Looks like a tough way to live--even for the dream)And finally...would you believe me, if I said the creature behind this splash, is a pink---pepto-bismol pink--DOLPHIN?

Because it is. They were amazing.

(Just a little hard to catch with a camera)

It was a lovely day.

1 comment:

jael said...

fun pictures and stories...i'm jealous.