Monday, August 25, 2008

Chicagoland

The American Girl Place
Mom, Sage and American Girl Samantha went for breakfast. It was a bit rainy waiting in line to get in.At our table
Sage reading the conversation starters
No trip to the American Girl Place is complete without the "after-purchase" and "trying to jam it all into the cab" pics.

We came home with Samantha and Mia, the 2008 doll.
The Cubs! I bought the tickets back in April from some internet site. I was feeling pretty good. Little did we know, that after our tickets were printed, the time was changed....we showed up in the 6th inning. Agghhh....I wasn't exactly feeling like the parent of the year, especially when we heard the score was Cubs 7 and Giants 0...

Here's Nate trying his best to not look too sad.... Reyna and Sage managed to be happy with their cotton candy--no matter the score or how late we arrived.And then....miracle! They caught up! (The first time I've ever cheered against the Cubs!)
This time the smile is real!! Yay--extra innings!!

Nate got to see his favorite player Derek Lee......and he got to see the Cubs pull out a win.

The final score--in the 11th inningThe kids with Harry CarayNate showing his goods

Wicked the Musical

you should go--really, it's that good

Chicago was our last home in America. A bit of us is still there and a bit of the Windy City is still in us. America's Second City is definitely FIRST in our hearts!

No comments: