Wednesday, May 26, 2010

first of many: good-bye

I disliked (hated) the couch.
I've disliked it for 7 years.
It got dirty too easily.
The cushion worked it's way
off every day (sigh).
The sleeping mattress
was horridly uncomfortable for anyone
over the age of 10.
But as I closed the door
on the oh-so-Russian
газель
which came to take it to it's new home,
I found myself hiding tears
so they weren't misunderstood.
I don't want the couch.
I want the movie nights,
the snuggling up,
the waking up to 3 little girls
having a
sleepover,
the wii contests,
the house guests,
the good times in our
little
family room.
The ugly, annoying couch
was there for all of them.
And now it's gone.
And soon, we'll be gone too.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Good luck. A smart person once said, "Where one door shuts, another opens." Sometimes it's hard to let go of the shutting doors...

Lisa said...

But can't you take the wii, etc. with you?