Sunday, August 23, 2009

Blessings

My dad always said a special prayer,
a blessing,
for each of us the last Sunday
of summer.
Full of wisdom and inspiration
and thoughts
to help us do and be our best in the
new school year.
I looked forward to it.
Today
Jeff gave our kids their
special school blessings.
I didn't get to hear the details...
Jake was at the piano
and under the couch
and behind the chair
and
spilling his grape juice
(who GAVE him that??)
talking
and singing

and running.
But I saw the details...
the tears in Nate's eyes
Sage, alternately trying not to giggle
and trying not to cry
The big hug and Thank You Dad from Reyna.
I like the Sunday before school starts.

2 comments:

Emu Monkey said...

Great post Josie. We love our Special Sunday too.

Kati said...

This is by far the best thing my Jeff does for our children as well. What an awesome gift the priesthood is. Great post.