I bet not many of you have had this
conversation
with your
7-yr-old.
Phone rings. I answer.
Sage, "Hi Mom. I'm at the restaurant."
Me, "Hi Honey, what are you doing there?"
Sage, "We just finished walking Becky (the neighbor's dog)
and so now we are buying french fries and grilled cheese."
"Can I stay until 8?"
Me, "Okay, call me if you go anywhere else."
The JOY of living in a gated community.
My 7 yr old, with her 9 yr old friend, off dog walking to earn the money for
french fries.
And she'll be home at 8 --That's p.m.
A full 4 hours after dark.
May we put off introducing her to the
real world
for a bit more please?
conversation
with your
7-yr-old.
Phone rings. I answer.
Sage, "Hi Mom. I'm at the restaurant."
Me, "Hi Honey, what are you doing there?"
Sage, "We just finished walking Becky (the neighbor's dog)
and so now we are buying french fries and grilled cheese."
"Can I stay until 8?"
Me, "Okay, call me if you go anywhere else."
The JOY of living in a gated community.
My 7 yr old, with her 9 yr old friend, off dog walking to earn the money for
french fries.
And she'll be home at 8 --That's p.m.
A full 4 hours after dark.
May we put off introducing her to the
real world
for a bit more please?
No comments:
Post a Comment